I am honored (and grinning from ear to ear) to have been nominated by Theodora from her blog Amazing grace for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
Thank you for thinking of me, Theodora, you have touched my heart deeply!
Theodora’s blog is loaded with inspiration and good words to help you along your day as she is so glad to “share with you the unending love and truly amazing Grace of Jesus Christ for mankind.” You will feel uplifted and hopeful after reading her posts. She’s pretty special! Please visit her blog and show some love.
What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
“The Blogosphere community holds several awards that bloggers use to nominate a blog in appreciation for its creative, inspiring, or motivational content.”
“The award also helps other bloggers receive recognition and free exposure for their blogs.”
There are some basic rules to follow if you decide to participate:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog so everyone can visit.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4. Notify the nominees by commenting on their blog post.
5. List the rules and display the Award logo on your blog post.
Eleven questions from Theodora:
1. How old is your blog now?
I originally started this blog a few years ago with sporadic posts as I moved overseas and around the Country. Now that I am back in the United States and settled, I have been actively posting for about 6 months.
2. What do you enjoy most about blogging?
I love the idea of, and platform to share my love of all things God, and the tremendous difference He has made in my life. I love being able to share a few words of hope, healing and grace that might make a positive difference in someone else’s life, anywhere in the world.
3. How important do you think Social Media is for the success of a blog?
I believe Social Media can play a large role in the success of a blog. Linking to your blog through all your sites creates a much larger traffic flow.
4. How would you define a successful blog? In other words, what do you think a successful blog looks like?
For me, a successful blog is one that achieves whatever purpose or goal the author desires for it. The definition of “success” is like beauty, it is in the eye of the beholder, or in this case, the author 🙂
5. Describe your feelings when you received your first blogging award nomination?
Well, since this is my first nomination, that’s easy – totally elated and happy! Ecstatic that someone enjoyed my heartfelt words enough to nominate me. Thank you Theodora!
6. Have you ever thought about monetizing your blog?
Not yet. But I might in the future.
7. If so, what do you think is the best method for monetizing?
Not sure as I haven’t researched this yet.
8. What kind of post do you find easiest or most enjoyable to write?
Inspirational words to uplift and equip the reader’s day with grace and joy.
9. What do you think is best, long or short posts?
For the majority of readers, short posts are easier. A quick pick-me-up, solution, how-to, etc. Get in, get what you need, get out and get on with your day. However, there is no denying the impact of the deep, emotional, lengthy read that grips the heart and transports the reader to another place and time.
10. Funny/weird Question: What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
I am not a brave foodie, however I once ate armadillo sausage my cafe employer told me was pork. It actually wasn’t bad until he confessed what it was. Then, well, let’s just say my breakfast didn’t want to stay in my tummy!
11. What is your favourite way to unwind after a hectic day?
Jammies, snuggling my Jet Kitty cat, Ricola Herb throat lozenge laced hot tea, sitting with the laptop perusing social media and the WordPress Reader. Yes!
I’m sorry I haven’t completed the 11 new nominations and their questions, but will post as soon as I have. Thanks again Theodora from Amazing grace blog – I really am thrilled and honored!
Thank you so much everyone else for reading, and I hope you will check out Amazing grace!